Dermatology Expert Forum
Raw Skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Raw Skin

I had protected sex with a woman.  About 2 weeks after that I began to itch real bad.  I automatically assumed it was crabs, so I put on Permethrin that morning and then again that night.  Of course I had bumps, so that is why I thought that it was crabs.  Well after the treatment, I still itched real bad, so I went to the doctor.  He said that it looked like scabies, and told me that I got rid of them with the treatment.  He prescribed me TRIAMCINOLONE ACETONIDE CREAM .1% for the itching.  After about 4 days the bumps went away and the itching for the most part.  All this happened within a week.  6 days after the first treatment of Permethrin, I used it again.  Of course this was during the time I was useing the TRIA.  After using the TRIA for about a week, I now have developed what looks like a circle of raw skin on the foreskin where my circumcision took place on the underneath of my penis.  Also just underneath my head my skin looks really smooth and shiny.

1.  Do you think that this is due the medicine, or should I be worried about something more serious?

2.  Remember I used a condom, so I don't understand how I would get something like this on my penis.  I checked the condom when I was done so as to make sure it wasn't broken(that is just a habbit).

Please Help
1.  I don't think this is serious.  I think it is a combination of anxiety and penile irritation.  I doubt that it was scabies, and it certainly isn't now.
2.  People get irritations on their penis from friction and sex, so using a condom has nothing to do with it.

Bottom line: Stop worrying and get yourself checked by a doctor who knows what penile rashes and STD's look like.  Meantime, use only regular moisture lotions on the penis, nothing medicated.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
So do u think that the Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream can cause the skin on the penis to sort of eat away if used to much?