Raw cut inside my buttcrack that won't heal.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hello. For the past month and a half I have had this really odd thing inside of my buttcrack right in the center. I seem to have this strange raw red cut that starts at my tailbone and ends right above my anus. The cut is on my skin. Last month inhad severe vaginal and anal itching that lasted for a good three weeks then went away. It has not reoccured since then. I still have this raw spot on the inside of my butt and it doesn't seem to want to go away. When I would wipe the cut would bleeed. I switched to softer toilet paper and since then the cut does not blows anymore but it's still there. I have no clue what it is and I hope someone can save me a trip to the doctor.
From your symptoms the possibility of anal fistula or anal fissure needs to be ruled out. An anal fissure is a split in the anal skin and it feels like being cut with glass when you have your bowels open and afterwards. In that case, take warm sitz baths, smear some painkilling gel around the area  and avoid constipation. If the symptoms persist then glyceryl trinitrate ointment, Botox injections and surgery can be tried.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

hello. I know that I do not have an anal fissure or fistula becuase the open sore is located inside my gluteal cleft. it went away for three weeks and then the open sore re occured last week. currenty the open sore is gone but the skin inside my cleft is still a tiny bit pink. I wish i knew why this open sore goes away for three weeks then comes back then lasts for three days then goes away. I made a doctors appontment last week while I had the open sore but when it came time for my appointment the cut had healed up completly so i had to cancel my appointment becuase there would have been nothing for the docotr to see. I am going to keep monotoring this problem. hopefully the sore does not re occur again. if it does i will make a drs appointment again as soon as it re occurs in order to be seen before the cut heals again. like i said the cut is inbetween my gluteal cleft and my spin on the skin not inside or on my anus.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
This raw crack can be due to pilonidal sinus infection also. It is a small pit or sinus in the sacral area at the very top of the crease between the buttocks. It may also be a deep tract, rather than a shallow depression, leading to a sinus that may contain hair. These can become infected and drain.

To confirm the diagnosis I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a surgeon.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Both of my sons have this strange rash inside of their butt crack and these pimple like bumps on the outside and around the butt crack.. plzzz can someone give me some type of answer as of what u think this could be.. because I just moved to this new city and the clinic won't be able to see then until the 28th. I've just been using a&d diper cream. But my oldest is 7 and I think he feels kinda weird about me having to make sure that he applies it right...plzzzz
..... I hate when my babies are in pain!
Not able to come up with a solution, have had exactly what you discribe off and on for years. Like you it comes for no known reason then goes a while later, very sore and nothing seems to help much. Hope someone can help you and me, but it's good to know you aren't the only one with this problem.