Raw skin in the crack of nose and...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Raw skin in the crack of nose and...

I have raw, red and irritated skin in the crack of my nose (where the nostril meets the cheek area).  Im not sure what this is from and it's really bothering me lately.  I use vasiline every now and then but it never goes away.  Also, I have had a problem with the skin in between my eyes at the top of the nose... sort of near the eye brows, just below them... kind of in the corner by the nose area.  This has been red for a really long time.. sometimes I put hydrocordizone on it and it keeps it under control.... but it never goes away.  If anyone has ever heard of these issues and could offer some help, I would be very grateful.  Thanks! ~Adam
hey, i had the same thing.  It went on for years until i went to the dermatologist for a skin cancer screen and asked him about it.  He said it was sebhorheic dermatitis, which is very common in men. Its an infection in the oil glands.  I had red blotches on my cheeks and my nose was red and bumpy also between my eyes and eye brows and my skin was very hot and dry.  He gave me a prescription face wash and it started clearing up in a few days.  You should go see a dermatologist to confirm, good luck.
This may or may not help you...have your thyroid checked.  I had mine checked and am now on thyroid medication.  The skin problem around my nose went away.