Razor burn infected?
Has anyone heard of razor burn getting infected or a bad allergic reaction to a lube creating small water blisters? Maybe staph or contact dermatitis or anything other than herpes. I was tested neg through blood test but a little too early. I have an appointment tomorrow to check the actual site but I'm freaking out
Yes razor burns can get infection and present with boils or abscesses. If it is presenting as blisters which are painful then herpes should be ruled out. Herpes also presents with red itchy blisters which scab over. Herpes simplex is most easily transmitted by direct contact with a lesion or the body fluid of an infected individual. Transmission may also occur through skin-to-skin contact during periods of asymptomatic shedding.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you very much. I shaved, got razor burn and had unprotected sex with a friend ive known for a while that night. Also ive been married the last 7 years with no other sexual partners. that goes for my ex wife too. No cheating. Well when a lubricant was added it burned the razor burn and I had to rinse it off immediately. the next day it was very sore and irritated and after I showered It itched and I scratched without looking. ended up causing a sore. then the next day in the same area, still irritated area small water blisters had formed that didn't itch just uncomfortable. anyway it was on a Saturday and I couldn't get to my derm until Tuesday. cultures were taken but it takes 21 days and I was told it could be either herpes or a bacterial infection and maybe irritated dermatitis. I talked to the girl I had sex with and she assures me I have nothing to worry about because shes been tested and ive been her only partner since febuary
I took a blood test (pcr) after about two weeks of possible exposure and it came back negative. As well as everything else. I was told that was too early though to detect the antibodies if I was infected.