Dermatology Expert Forum
Re: Red nose

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Re: Red nose

Posted By Verna on August 17, 1999 at 11:43:14
my nose is always red (blemish/pimples) what is the best thing to do to get rid out of this? Please help. and also salicylic acid realy good to remove acne?

Posted By Derm M.D. ASR on August 17, 1999 at 13:14:45
Verna:
I assume you mean that your nose is red because it has blemishes and pimples, not that it's red even when there aren't any.  If so, washing with salicylic acid and applying over-the-counter benzoyl peroxide gel is a good way to start.
If that doesn't help after 4-6 weeks, you probably should show your nose (and the rest of you) to a doctor.
Thanks, and good luck!
Dr. R
keywords: acne, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, washing, Rockoff
Disclaimer:  The information provided in this forum is presented for general educational purposes only.  Specific questions you have pertaining to your health should always be directed to your personal physician.

Posted By Elizabeth Jane on August 17, 1999 at 18:39:32
I have recently noticed a redness across my nose and on to my cheeks with obvious vessels all in the same area!  Some kind of eruption is apparent across both sides of my nose now that seem like pimples but are not the usual as they are just pinkish red with no releasing of "stuff"!  It does not seem to be going away even though I do use cortizone liquid and refrain from any face creams around this area!  What else can I do? Is this from the summer sun; however, I do not sit in the sun but in shade..It has been present for 3months now increasing the redness around my nose area and part of my cheek area for 4 months.  What else can I do?  Thank you for your time! E

Follow Ups:

Re: Red nose Derm M.D. ASR 8/19/1999
(0)

Re: Red nose Cara 8/18/1999
(0)