Dermatology Expert Forum
Re-occuring blisters on one ear

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Re-occuring blisters on one ear
I have a re-occuring condition.  Small blisters appear intermittedly on one ear.  They are weepy and become sore with the entire ear area swelling and reddend.  The lesion seems to respond to neosporin and goes away for a few months.  What could this condition be?  Thank you.
I'm not sure.  One possibility is herpes, essentially a "cold sore" in a less-common place.  This is just an annoyance, but you should be examined for diagnosis and treatment.  A doctor should see you the next time the blisters are fresh.  Culture will tell the tale.  Then you can decide what's best to use.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
I have this too! It usually occurs only in the right ear. It is thought o be related to my metal allergy problem but not confirmed. I have a 12 lb limb salvage porosthesis that started all my problems.
Bonnie
A related discussion, earlobe that recently broke out in a cluster of blisters was started.