Recurrent fungal skin infections post-trauma
Two years ago in May I had a serious accident. The reason for my post isn't because of this, although my severe trauma, long hospital stay, and antibiotics treament(s) may have contributed.

I have had recurrent fungal skin infections and conditions for over a year. Dermatitis of my face, dandruff, flaky eyebrows, rashes on my inner thigh, athlete's foot, discolorations of toenails, perleche (angular cheilitis), full body hives (acute urticaria), last but not least what seems like cuts or tears on the foreskin of my penis, along with what seems to be Folliculitis in the testicular region (area that touches the rash on my inner thigh).

I have been to doctors, gotten many different creams, some helped and some have not, and the infection(s) always returns. Over time I had (and have) any one of the symptoms, in no particular order, some times all together. I have tried everything you can try when it comes to natural remedies, to no result.

Various reasons for recurrent or persistent fungal infection are incomplete treatment, treatment resistance, co-existing dermatitis, diabetes and low immunity. Treatment resistance can be overcome by applying a cream with a combination of antifungals (Clotrimazole 1%, Miconazole nitrate 2%, Tolnaftate 1% and Butenafine hydrochloride 1%). Get her blood sugar tested, fasting, 2 hours after food and if these are high then glycosylated hemoglobin to see overall sugar status in last 3 months.

I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.