Recurring Blister on Neck

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Recurring Blister on Neck

On the back-left side of my neck I periodically get a small blister.  It comes and goes maybe once or twice a month, but it always comes back in the exact same spot.  I went to a doctor a while back and showed him, but on the day of the appointment the blister had already popped and began to get crusty (for lack of a better word).  I'm just hoping that this isn't cancer or something.  Could this be a sign of cancer?

There are several causes of blisters.

'Blisters are usually caused by injury to the skin from heat or from friction, which create a tear between the epidermis—the upper layer of the skin—and the layers beneath.

Short periods of intense rubbing can cause a blister, but any rubbing of the skin at all can cause a blister if it is continued for long enough. Blisters form more easily on moist skin than on dry or soaked skin, and are more common in warm conditions.

Sometimes, the skin can blister when it comes into contact with a cosmetic, detergent, solvent or other chemical; this is known as contact dermatitis. Blisters can also develop as a result of an allergic reaction to an insect bite or sting.

There are also a number of medical conditions that cause blisters. The most common are chickenpox, herpes, impetigo, and a form of eczema called dyshidrosis.

A lubricant, typically talcum powder, can be used to reduce friction between skin and apparel.

Sunscreen and sun protection should also be used during the hottest part of the day to avoid blisters from sunburn, and moisturizing, after-sun or calamine lotions can help to ease discomfort.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blister

It would be best to consult a doctor because of the recurrence in your case. The chances that this is cancer are minimal.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.

Hi, I have experienced recurring blisters on my neck for a year.  When it first stated in August of 2008 I didn`t know what it was.  I thought something had bitten me or that I was allergic to something.  It kept returning though, mostly on my neck or upper portion of my chest.  The itch was intense.  It starts with a very small pronounced red mark, then the mark becomes larger fast and it turns into a blister.  Sometimes these blisters last two weeks.  They kept returning.  I visited my doctor in New York and he said he thought I was allergic to laundry detergent or something.  He prescribed some ointment and I applied the ointment and washed all my clothes in a milder detergent.  It didn`t help.  I later visited another healthcare professional and she said she didn`t know what it was.  I take antihistamines for the intense itch, but it has been a year and they still return.  It`s a good thing when I have a few days peace, only for the blisters to return in three or four days.  I don`t have any medical insurance and I am in between jobs now.  
I get bumps r blister on my penis once n a while stay a week then they leave what is it I don't hve sex when they come