Recurring Blisters on feet
I am 27  year old female and  have had these blisters on feet since i was 16. They start up small then getting bigger as the liquid fills up. At that point the pressure is too much then it bursts.  After it drains and the skin is peeled, you can see a tiny hole that seems to lead into the flesh. The blisters are painless and do not stop me from walking around but the few times that it has gotten infected, it has caused me great pain. I normally have these blisters 2-3 times a year a for a period of about one a half weeks. I have been to the doctors office many times but they are not able to give me a reason for them.

Would anyone know what may be the cause. A food allergic reaction perhaps?

I noticed that someone had asked the same question in September of 1999 on this forum. The way he describes the blisters is exactly how i get them.

Please advise if you have any idea as to what is causing my blisters.
OK... I just went to my DERMATOLOGIST.... she said it was DYSHIDROTIC ECZEMA.... look it up.... see if it sounds like what you have been experiencing.... because it sounds like what I have.  She gave me ointment and it helped the itch immediately !!!!

I hope this helps you all !!!
This is something you should try. Eat no grains and no milk products just meat vegetables and limited fruits, absolutely no sugar!!. Take probiotics and L-glutamine to repair your gut. Also a yeast cleanse or an anti-candida diet will have good effect on it. This is most likely from all the toxins in your body from what you are eating, don't drink soda, alcohol, and definitely stay away from the sweets and processed foods. Eat whole foods only. When your digestive system doesn't detox enough toxins your skin will react to it in several ways. Eczema, fungal skin infections from candida, and acne are mostly caused from the toxins in your body, i went through this for 1 year until I did some research on autoimmunity and leaky gut along with skin problems. And boom within 2 months the bumps were gone and still are gone its been 10 months and not a single one. I had a slue of other health issues that have also cleared up. Most autoimmune related. Even migraines, eye floaters, anxiety, stress, all gone. Thanks to a simple low carbohydrate (no grains) and sugar-less diet all I eat is a huge variety of meat, veggies, and nuts/seeds.
Same thing here, on the left arch of my foot. I've had them a few times but popped them and they went away after a while. Two days ago I noticed them again and scratched the hell out of them last night. Tonight when I got home from work, I noticed one of them had gotten to almost the size of a dime so I popped it with a safety pin (the only thing I have access to right now) and rubbed it clean with a baby wipe, put tripple antibiotic ointment on it and covered with a sock (I have no bandaids) because I don't want it to somehow spread to my almost 2 year old daughter somehow. I have no insurance and just started working again and because of the work I do at the IRS I have to wear shoes. I've been wearing flip flops daily for months and just started wearing my Nike shocks again Monday July 16th and its now Fri the 19th. Has anyone found anything out???? I can't afford to pay out of pocket for a Dr let alone a foot/skin specialist. Please help!!!!!
I have the same thing!  Use BENADRYL CREAM on blisters that are popped and not popped!!!
I have had the same problem for several years.  I added lots of fresh fruit and veg to my diet.  Also drink a glass of pure water with one teaspoon of baking soda stirred in once a day.  Start the day off with a tablespoon of unpasteurized apple vinegar in warm water.  These alkalanize your system and go a long way toward healing.  An apple vinegar and cold water soak for your entire body and hair will get rid of dandruff, athlete's foot and other fungi.
I have had this same problem for about a year. I have had athletes feet for years. I kept treating it with Antifungal Creams and it would go away. For the last past year I have been getting blisters on my toes, soles and sides of my feet. It has also got infected a few times. A few months ago I I decided to pop the blisters and put a prescription Anti Fungal Medicine that I had and it worked but they came back as soon as the medicine ran out. I am now taking an Oral Antifungal Pill. I would like to know if your Blisters Cleared up? and How long did it take for the Oral Antifungal Pills to work? I have been taking them for 2 days and no change.
My questions are for salsachick
I took the anti-fungal pills for the full course as prescribed by the doctor. In addition, if you still have fluid filled blisters, there is a powder you can get at the pharmacy to put in water and soak the foot, it may be boron or borax powder. This is used only for soaking the affected area, it should help in drying out the blisters, only needed to do this for a couple of days. Then my doctor told me to also use the Rx strength of the anti-fungal cream to help externally. I also used to soak it in a white vinegar, or apple cider vinegar / water solution at night before sleeping, it really helped with the itching and allowed me to sleep. Hope it helps.
Thanks for the input, do you happen to remember the name of the oral antifungal pills the doctor prescribed you?
Sorry forgot to add this question do you happen to remember the name of the prescription cream he prescribed you also? Thanks
I'm a Westerner with not enough sleep!
Same itchy blisters on left foot!
its athletes foot, i had the same for ages on 1 foot,,use mycota spray for athletes foot and it went after a few applications,,,soo glad!
doctors dont know their arse from their elbow. its athletes foot,,,its a wonder they didnt give you some dangerous injection loaded with god knows what....stay away from the quacks...spray with mycota spray for athletes foot and it will go after only a few applications,,,,doctors prescribe what can make money for big pharma and are not trying to get you better
the athletes foot fungus attacks your skin and nails, it makes skin thick and blocks sweat pores making blisters, nails can go yellow and furrowed with lines in them, have long baths 1 to 2 hours and scratch thick skin immediately after bath or pumice them, then spray with mycota spray morning and night and more skin will come off after a few applications, i used to get new blisters daily and since treatment with mycota not 1 blister in months, and my nails are looking a lot better too and no thick skin anymore. i know ive replied a few times but it annoys me that something so straightforward is baffling doctors and people are paying money for their incompetance
During my ordeal I had it so bad that I went to the emergency room. The doctor there, as well as my primary, both said it could be DE. I don't know about you, but I have never had eczema, or any other skin problems. It sounded like a cop-out of a diagnosis. Since then, I quit that primary doctor and the podiatrists as well! All they had to do was take a culture to diagnose properly, but they did not want a patient telling them how to do their job.
thats what it can look like i suppose ,, i was getting ,lots of tiny bubbles in places,, and they would join up if left, i used to pop straight away and take top off so wouldnt fill up again,they dry out but more come,,,,
seriously i used the mycota spray 3-4 days morning and night, and they all vanished, i havent sprayed for over a month and not 1 blister. i was amazed and my dad had been saying to use it for months as he had athletes foot once, and this is the same spray can he bought years ago
its yeast too much of it.

symptoms: small blisters on feet and hands, when popped a clear sticky liquid. sometimes a little itchy

cut out all bread beer and anything with yeast, try some citrus fruits to combat the problem.
It's called Dyshidrosis.You can find it online. there are several treatment options available, mostly by prescription. However if you can find Potassium Permaganate "Pot perm" at a swimming pol supply you can use that to treat.also known as"pot ash" used in swimming pool filters..Its getting hard to find and has been replaced by DE Dyatamasthis earth. The POt Ash needs to be diluted in water. I have had it for several years and am getting it under control. its caused by certain allergys or stress.I have already ruled out the allergys through process of elimination. Stress seems to be my thing.
Sorry for the delayed response. I do not have the meds anymore. Both the oral and cream that were prescribed we're anti-fungals. I hope you are all cured by now.

Just an update on my condition: no recurrence at all. I continue to ensure wearing clean socks and spray the feet with a white vinegar / water solution when I shower every day.
Wow, exactly what I/we have.
Started over 27 YEARS ago. My boyfriend (then) had it on his feet. I got it must be his shower pan, I did not wear his socks or shoes. Broke up, moved back home, my brother gets it on his feet...... must be the shower pan FROM ME!! Yikes, Mom disinfects the shower pan all the time to prevent the rest of the family from getting it. It seems to be working!!
Fast forward to my own family! Obviously I am not keeping up on the disinfecting like my mother did because my husband (married now 23 years) has had it on his feet for about 20yrs.

Quick Moral: buy/rent a new place? Disinfect shower pan as past occupants may have had this highly contagious problem!!!!!

My son has it on his feet. My daughter does NOT. Common finding of the 3 of us vs. daughter. OUR FEET SWEAT, GET HOT IN SHOES. Hers do not.
My son tends to let the blisters go until they are really bad (he is 10) and does not like me poking the bumps with a needle to drain. When I finally do they are huge and he does not keep a band aid on the wound. It gets on his socks! I think the socks are then forever a carrier of the problem???       I get rid of his socks after the summer and buy him all new ones!! Did I mention he is 10. LOL.....My daughter is much better with her foot hygiene than the boys.

Anyway I have found that using disinfectant on your hands/under your nails after the "liquid" touched your fingers or nails is crucial too as I have had it spread to my face.

I, due to stresses am always touching my face so this must be how they got on my face. Otherwise it is feet only.

We have always been located in Northern California.

I will keep checking back to see if anyone has had any medical success.
DeAnna
Wow, lots of similarities! Look in this thread for my earlies posts for therapy. I keep a spray bottle with 1 part regular white vinegar and 3 parts water in the shower, spray feet when showering. You can soak the affected foot in this too, provides lots of relief. But if it gets really bad, you may need to get prescription strength oral anti-fungal medicine.
LOL - the blisters are the symptom, not the disease.  It's a similar symptom for many problems - just like a headache can be a symptom of a cold, flu, concussion, chicken pox or a fractured skull.  There's not one one-size-fits-all treatement either.  

My blisters are from psoriasis, whereas my son has sweaty feet and athletes foot fungal infection - and tea-tree oil fixes his blisters.  My nephew has DE and also gets blisters on his feet.  

I know mine are not from a fungal infection as I had a dermatologist test the fluid and a skin scraping.  

So, if your immune system is down, if you're sleep deprived, if you have sweaty feet, DE or psoriasis different treatments will alleviate your symptom - blisters
I've been having this same issue with the water type of blister on my left foot for years and I noticed that it seems to happen if my foot sweats so I came up with this crazy idea to apply deodorant to the area of my foot.  I've been doing this for years and I no longer have the problem because that area of my foot stays dry.  If I slack and don't apply the deodorant then I start having the issue again.  I believe this issue for me may be related to having a wart X-rayed off at the doctors office when I was a kid.  It may have affected the cells in that area of my foot but I'm not for sure.  Please try the deodorant it works for me 100% of the time and I just had to share this with those suffering because I know your frustration.  Blessings to you!
Well, this blisters  seems to be a common problem for all of us, don't know in your cases but in my case I surprisingly found the cause of it : my feet are free of blister until I have some excess of soda, canned or bottled drinks or acid drinks, I know it sounds crazy, but  I put it on test and  it worked. So since then I been controlling the amount of  soda and  canned or bottled drinks as well as acid drinks that I take. Also something that helped after popping blisters was  to wear sandals, this will help to dry skin faster, still will need to peel a bitb after dry tho.

Also I was told by a foreign doctorn that it could be an excess of boric acid in the body or an excess of vitamin c, what explains the bottled drinks and acids reaction I guess,  I was also recommended that wearing silver jewelry will control boric acid.  Don't know if is the decrease of these drinks or the jewelry, but since then is been long time without these itchy blisters, hope can be helpful,  perhaps every case it could be different,  thanks

Sorry for wrong spelling above,  I mean  uric acid  instead of boric acid, thanks
Wow....I'm amazed so many have similar problems!  I have had these strange blisters on my left foot (under the arch - toward the inside of my foot, never the outer side), I've had them for probably 15 years.  They come and go with no apparent pattern.  Happens in the summer, winter, shoes and socks, sandals, different soap, etc.  They itch like crazy!!!!!!  They don't burst on their own though.  If I can refrain from scratching them so hard that I scratch them open, they just gradually fade away.  It's always in the same spot, never had happened on any other part of my body or to anyone else in my family!  When I've been in to the doctor, it's always after they are mostly healed up or dried out and the doctor just looks at me weird (never been to a dermatologist).  It can be one outbreak and then be nothing for months, or it could be two in a row....or nothing for over a year!  I am now on meds that lower my immune system, but this has been happening for MANY MANY years before I started the medications.
NO NEED TO PANIC, this is "Vesicular Athlete's Foot" a quite common fungal infection and in most cases easily treatable without the need to visit a doctor.
Treatment - Keep feet clean and dry and treat 2 or 3 times a day with a good Athlete's Foot powder. If you have suffered with this before it will probably return so as a precautionary measure regularly treat shoes and trainers with anti fungal powder.
Dr. Robson,
I have experienced spontaneous eruption of blisters on my toes on either foot for about the past 8 years. I am 53 years old. I tend to wear sandals or flip flops all summer long unless I'm exercising. The blisters initially are filled with a clear fluid and as the pressure builds, they become painful. There is absolutely no itching. That's when I usually pierce them with a clean needle to release the pressure. Clear fluid continues to weep over several days. Then, it transitions to a serosanguinous/bloody drainage. At this point, the underlying skin becomes bright red and extremely tender. These blisters form on the tops of my toes and are often directly adjacent to the nail but do not involve the nail in any way. It takes weeks for them to heal. Healing involves the formation of something like a scab which. ones off eventually leaving behind a very dark red area of skin who h then takes several more weeks to finally return to normal. I've been seen by several family physicians in my PCP practice. They're stymied. I saw my dermatologist several years ago. He prescribed a strong steroid cream to be used for only one week in an attempt to help "dry" them up. I honestly could not discern if it made a significant difference. He mentioned that it might be an autoimmune issue who h would require a biopsy to diagnose. Unfortunately, he returned to his native country shortly after my visit. Each summer I try to determine the causative agent. I used to think it was exposure to a rust colored presumably fungus that appears on our grass when it is very dry. I've been hypervigilant this summer with cleaning my flip flops and toes after walking in the yard. I try to limit that as much as possible. I've had three outbreaks this summer. Interestingly, each was associated with water or dampness. The first time occurred after I power washed our pool area pavers.  I was wearing socks n flip flops knowing my feet would get soaked. The second time was after I power washed the back of our house. I wore rubber gardening shoes thinking that would protect me, but it didn't. More recently I was at the beach and was digging my toes down far enough to encounter damp sand never thinking this would be an issue. Now I have terrible large blisters on the first three toes of my right foot and two small blisters on the very tips of  my 4th and 5th toes. My family do for has prescribed Mycolog ointment. My toes almost look necrotic. I could not get an appointment even food this at my local dermatology office until mid-September. I'M documenting my toes with pictures until then.  I was a registered nurse for 20 years in acute care but that really hasnt helped meto figure this out. I do have other autoimmune issues - fibromyalgia and Meniere's Disease. This happens every summer. Its painful, embarrassing, and limits my ability to exercise by not being able to tolerate wearing sneakers. I would truly appreciate any incite you would be willing to provide. My username for this community is 1960Summer.
This is an old thread, but I wanted to post my findings. I am a 37 year old male who had these sores for fifteen years. Medical testing found nothing. No herpes, no athletes foot, etc. I also got mouth sores (ulcers) frequently. Completely unconnected, i started trying to lose weight. I cut out processed sugars and acidic sugar drinks (soda, sweet ice tea, lemonade, etc). Sores in both locations went away. I didnt notice at first until i fell off the wagon so to speak and had candy bars and a few cans of soda. I woke up the next day with the foot sores again. So i started experimenting with having sugar in my diet and fasting from it. Soda and processed refined sugars bring these on everytime. And if i bite my lip while on sugar, the mouth ulcers return. My theory? Sugar or acid in carbonated drinks makes the body acidic and it breaks out. Cant tell you why on the feet, but if this is happening to you, first step is cut out ALL sugary drinks, ALL carbonated drinks, ALL sugary junk food. It  has worked for me. Recurrent abdominal pain (that couldnt be diagnosed by specialists) also stopped.
I have similar problems and a host of others related to dermatology and I found I have a under lying issue of GOUT. I know it is mainly known for causing foot pain, which I also had. So I bought a uric acid blood tester for $80.00(Shop by how much test strips cost not how much meter costs, as test strips are pricey $30.00 for 25 test strips. And you are going to do a lot of testing if you want to get well.). I test the foods that spike uric acid in my blood and sure enough I have been managing my levels and symptoms' are slowly going away. There are some foods that lower uric acid like watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, and red apples. But really you have test them on you and make a list. the internet has list of foods of to eat and don't eat, but as I mentioned before the only way of knowing is by testing. the way I test a food is I eat a single whole food( natural food, not processed as it contains too much stuff to properly test) in the morning, since I am fasted (Breakfast= meaning breaking your fast) then I test my blood to see how high it spikes or lowers my uric acid levels. So list established I eat a combination of foods that raise my levels with foods that lower my levels to maintain a healthy level. The meter looks and test identical to a glucose meter and as in my meter it can also test for glucose using a separate glucose strips. I am sure there are blood tests that test for gout, but I don't have insurance so went on own to find my issue.
My blisters happen when having lots of sugar, especially Pepsi. not much with Coke but to me, Pepsi is the culprit. Used to itch like crazy before (before i realised what the cause was) but now i cut down when it occurs.
When i does occur, i try to drink lots of water as i feel its better to "clean' up the sugar *** I am not a diabetic and really dont want to be.
Mine activates if my right foot touches the grond or I get my sock soiled. Right foot. Itches like demons n hurts like hell the deeper they are I.e. heel offoot. Im in hell. I need help. Nothing but prednisone helps a little and aloe vera gel 100% clear. It is NOT athletes foot.. a food allergy an ph imbalance  or some aura. Sleep deprivation and stress make ANY health issue worae. Somebody help. Im ready to cut my foot off. Ive done EVERYTHING else it seems.
I have had this problem, it began 10 years ago I suffered through exactly what you describe for a good year and then my Dr prescribed Mentax cream (steroid) and it cleared up in about a month and only came back every couple of years for a brief  time (and wasn't nearly as horrible)  and went away again on its own.  Usually it would occur in the summer when I wear flip flops or sweat a lot or anything that caused my feet to get dirty (it began on both feet before the cream, but has only been my left foot now when it occurs). My Dr told me it wasn't fungal but a skin sensitivity. I haven't used any cream in 7 years simply because it's never bad enough for that since the first treatment.
CORRECTION - the cream I mentioned is not a steroid, it's an anti-fungal, although the condition isn't due to a fungal problem - as I was tested and nothing was detected.  However it does work.  Maybe one day they will discover what causes this problem.
I have what most of your are describing and have had it for many years.  The first time I had an "outbreak"  my doctor took a sample of the fluid and tested it.   It was not sweat as some of you said it might be, instead the lab said it was Serum.  Because of this lab result and the symptoms that have been described many times in this discussion it was diagnosed as Dyshidrosis.

Search for the term Dyshidrosis and you will find the clinical description and that there is no known cause.  With out a known cause there cannot be cure and one treatment will work for some and not other probably because the causation varies so people will have to find what works for them to resolve the symptoms.  Personally I use peroxide or rubbing alcohol twice a day on the affected area, morning and night, to prevent infection especially after the blisters open or leak fluid. When some blisters do open up they begin to itch so I use an over the counter Hydrocortisone cream after cleaning the area.

If you can determine your personal trigger try removing that trigger from your environment/diet.  Mine seems to heat related as my outbreaks mostly occur in the hotter months of the year I try to wear that have good ventilation once temperatures get above 80 degrees.  For me keep my feet cool seems to have cut down on the number of out breaks I have.

Finally for those of us that share our homes with others you will be happy to know it is not contagious.  Most of you have probably figured this out by now since it only happens on one foot and if it was contagious like foot fungus you would have the problem on both feet.

Hope this helps and gets you back on your feet soon.

"If holistic medicine worked we wouldn't need modern medicine."
I have been using Aveeno lotion on my feet. It worked no more bumps!
I feel your pain! I am just now getting desperate enough to research what's causing this. I am still researching but I know that most likely I'm going  to have to do a major diet change. I really think everyones problems are stemming from unhealthy malfunctioning bodies. The only real cure is to get healthier and help your body heal. I'm specifically looking into gut healing and liver. I hope you get relief fast! Your must be worse than mine. I'm so sorry!
HAHA "If modern medicine worked, we wouldn't need holistic medication"
I found two things I think might help. The name / names of the problem. Pompholyx Eczema and Dyshidrotic Eczema. They both look just like what I have. I didn't study long enough to figure out just what the differences were. But a Googled, "Dyshidrotic Cure" and came up with a bunch of great info from people who have had it and cured it. I think knowing what it is is half the battle. So very thankful for the internet!
Most likely caused by Candida overgrowth, which also can cause abdominal pain. Candida lives on sugar. It's interesting to learn about if you have the time.
I too have these blisters.  They always come in clusters of 3 and don't get very big.  I pop them and a few days later the skin around them dries and can be peeled off.  They are usually located on the inside of my left foot in the arch right where the skin changes from side of foot, thinner skin to bottom of foot, thicker skin.  I didn't start getting them till I was about 26 or 27 years old. I am now 41 and get these little rascals 2-3 times a year.  I was wondering if anybody else ever took Accutane.  I can see it being a fungus like athletes foot but I just wonder if there could be something else beside a type of athletes foot.
I have the same blisters and I pop them when they get big. I only get them on my right foot in the arch area. I have only found one thing that works. I wash  my foot with apple cider vinegar. Only once a day right before I go to bed. It smells kinda strange but it's the only thing I've found that works when I stopped using it the blisters come   back. It's the strangest thing I've ever heard of but what the hell it does the trick. Try it for a week or two you'll be happy you did.
Having read these answers some months ago here's my story and cure. I started getting these small blisters when I was about 30, I'm 58 now. Only ever on my left foot. The blisters would be a little painful if walked on, and I would pop them and drain them and they would dry out and eventually a thick piece of skin would peel off. They'd come and go, no real pattern. Anyway, read this page, went to Boots (UK) and bought some Daktarin anti fungal spray for my shoes, and some Boots anti fungal and antibacterial cream. I sprayed my shoes before and after use and applied cream to both feet, even though it was only my left, once in the morning with clean socks, then before bed. What I noticed after a couple of weeks was that all the thicker skin on my left foot came away in almost sheets, like it had died. I've been free of any trouble for months now. Good luck, but you must be strict with applying the cream regularly.
Have had these for decades.  I have been diagnosed with dyshidrosis but I am missing many of the key symptoms for diagnosis.  Same thing as many here, on only one foot, on the inner arch, painless, cyclical, no itching with mine.

The itching symptom sounds more like athletes foot and those with an itch might want to try AF remedies (usually antifungals, dry feet, powders, new shoes, etc.).  Itching could be from the flaky skin and exfoliation might help.

This doesn't seem to be bacterial unless there is pus & pain (mine have never had pus).  

The recurrence in the same area sounds more viral, like herpes or shingles, something that it moving along a nerve path, circulatory system, muscle sheath, etc.  

Mine are not a problem other than how they look.  The steroid cream doesn't seem to make much difference, nor have any anti fungals.  I have found that there seems to be a heralding crop—a few to begin a cycle—followed by smaller break-out crops around the heralding spots.  If I leave them alone the second crops emerge and the cycle keeps going for weeks.  I use nail clippers to cut a small slit around the perimeter of the herald blisters then use hydrogen peroxide.  I dip a CLEAN cotton swab (never double dip!) in the peroxide them gently push the saturated tip onto the center of the popped blister.  I hold it there for a few seconds then let the peroxide fizz and repeat.  I do this maybe twice a day for a day or two and the blister dries up and usually no secondary blisters come after this.  

I have noticed that an oubreak is going to last about the same length of time whether I take care of the herald blisters or not.  Herald --> secondary--> heal = ~ 3-6 weeks.  Herald --> H2O2--> a few more herald (not a full crop!)--> H2O2--> heal = ~3-6 weeks.  

I do not take any medication and have not noticed any relation to menstruation, stress, sleep, weather, shoes, etc.  These things just seem to have a life of their own.  

I'd love to know if anyone has ever had a Tzanck smear done on these.  Thank goodness they seem to be harmless!
Hi folks,  what you got there is called pompholyx,  it is a type of eczema. They are triggered by stress, sweat, high uric acid in the body (can be caused by tomatoes, citric foods, red meats) these little guys are clear little blisters that itch like hell and they usually show up on your feet and hands (but are not limited to those locations) hydrocortisone seems to help me. The bengay company made abengay for eczema that also helped me out greatly.  :) hope I could be of help here
My family physician checked mine out and said they were due to sweat (this problem occurred whether I wore shoes or sandals (and it is too cold where I live at 10,000 feet to go barefoot). My Doc told me to use antiperspirant on my feet. This works great and I never have a problem as long as I use the antiperspirant on my feet every morning.
I started getting the tiny little 'blisters' with clear fluid in them about 16 years ago. The little things were itchy and hurt when walking (felt like pebbles in my shoes) - I could 'pop' them, releasing the fluid, and then it was okay to walk, but it was a continual thing - finally asked my physician about the problem.
Hello
I'm 27 years old. 2 months ago I felt itchy on my left foot, I rubbed it and web like skin appeared between my last and 2nd last toes, it was itchy,  I applied olive oil thinking that it's fungal infection. After some time it recovered and reoccurd when I walked briskly. This time it was like a bump/ blister filled with watery fluid and severe itching too.it popped on its own after shower and walk.fluid came out mixed with blood. And the hole in skin due to rupture/ leakage seem to expose flesh.Mean water was pinkish instead of being clear,  and little painful. Doctor diagnosed it as fungal and gave me antifungal ointment which didn't work, I visited doctor again n this time he diagnosed it as bacterial and this time oinment seem to work and my skin was clear..... but again after I walked for some time it reoccured and doctor gave me another antibacterial oinment..... its like a cycle between... .last toe n then 2nd last toe. Doctor can't give me any oral medication as I'm feeding my 4 months old baby....
Any help...
Thank you for this post and insight, I am 51 yr old male who has been dealing with this for over 25 yrs. Sometimes starts between baby toe and second toe or 2nd and 3rd toe where skin peels raw and itches or on bottom and slightly up inseam where is gets itchy and bubbles, sometimes bursts and then dries and skin flakes(only left foot and only these areas ever). No prescriptions or creams has ever cured(only slightly relieved itch).At one time it was suggested that maybe an oil (similar to poison oak) was causing it, I throw out every pair of shoes and boots I owned...thought I found problem...almost 2 yrs later started all over again, I came to conclusion no one has any idea what it is???......oh well maybe I will take up smoking marijuana...seems to be curing everything now a days..haha
Have you been dealing with holes made deep into your toes?? Ie., due to wounding cuz bursts or corns leads to since you are a diabetic??
Asking dis cuz my dad is suffering with'em past 10 years indeed he got detected as diabetic by these corn wounds since they were non-healing.