Recurring Folliculitis After Intense Sex

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

So the past few times that I have had sex I've begun experiencing folliculitis, or bumps around the base of hair follicles that sometimes fill with pus.  They can become quite painful.  I have noticed them three times in the past three months, all after having sex with the same woman.  We are sexually exclusive.  After a bout of very intense and very prolonged sexual activity on Saturday, I now have folliculitis surrounding nearly every hair in my pubic region; literally too many to count.  

I have never experienced this until having sex with this woman (I am 25) and am beginning to wonder why this keeps happening now.  I've seen web pages saying that recurring folliculitis could be a sign of HIV.  We were both tested last year but that was before we started having sex with each other.  

Why am I having such intense cases with increasing frequency?  Is it just because of the intensity and longevity of the sex that we are having?  Or could it have something to do with cleanliness on her part (I am very clean myself)?  Or should I be concerned about HIV?

Your answers would be appreciated.
From the symptoms it can be folliculitis or boils. Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).

Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics and do not pop the pimples. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case. Also then get herpes ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I've had the same exact problem as Huntmich with a girl where every single time we have sex now I develop red bumps (no puss or whiteheads) around seemingly random hair folicles along my pubic bone, groin, balls and shaft -it spread to my lower abdomen in a few instances as well.

Not sure what to do since I have been on Cephalexin and Bactroban each time this infection re-occured. A biopsy came back benign and my dermatologist doesn't know what to think or diagnose saying the problem isn't sexually related even though it clearly is. Everytime I have sex with this girl, I get a recurring infection - period. I have noticed she has very course and thicker pubic hair stubble at times than most women I've been with (likely causing too much friction and inviting bacteria into my skin) She was checked out by here Geinocologist and came back with normal/clean health. This is driving me insane and ***** because it is ruining my relationship with this person.

What creams would be good for after-sex use to prevent infection? I already shower immediately after sex and twice daily with Dove soap which doesn't seem to help at all. I still get the recurring infection. I also tried Neutrogena Salycilic Acid body wash - no dice.

Right now I'm starting to use Pro-Activ Benzoyl-Peroxide cream on the bumps as they appear since I figure they are kinda like acne of the body. Doesn't seem to do any better or worse at healing than Bactroban and is more convenient for now.

Any and all advice appreciated. I started taking fish oil as well to help promote healthy skin because I'm willing to try anything. My next hunch is to try salt water by going surfing since I've noticed ocean swimming has benefited my acne in the past. Also, I'm considering UV bed tanning because I know the sun and UV rays also help to clear up acne and I will go radioactive on this bacteria if I need to!!

Thank you for any advice!
I know this thread is getting old but I want to add my two cents. I had this same problem. Long vigorous sex between two partners that have been fully screened and are negative across the board... yet I get the same symptoms as you, often. Usual it remains in the hair area at the base of the penis where I get the most friction when she is riding me. Sometimes it moves up into the pubic hair area as it spreads. It usually goes away on its own with thorough cleaning every day, keeping it dry and abstaining until it heals.

However, one time it healed at the point of initiation but had spread down into my left groin and thigh area. I'm a runner so I get friction there every time I run and I couldn't get the thing to go away. I tried Bacitracin but this failed to work as one area would clear and another would pop up. I went to the doctor and he suggested Lotramin AF jock itch cream. I started applying this and it cleared up pretty quickly. So it was basically a fungal infection of the hair follicles and the friction from sex made them ripe for infection.

It's an annoying problem and it happens from time to time, but now I know how to treat it and a little bit about how to reduce the risk of it happening to begin with (shower right after sex, keep the irritated area as dry as possible and away from as much friction as possible until healing of the irritated follicles... and I no longer shave down there. I go at it with the clippers to keep it neat now).
I have the same problem when i have sex, the sex take longer and the foliculitis (folliculitis) is showing  on my legs when she riding me can you tell me how to prevent this from happening for example baby powder when having sex or some other thing. I doesn't have this thing till now and is very painful is this end of relationship, whether to tear this relationship or no ?