Recurring Nevus Phenomenon
When I was thirteen I had some miles removed. The biopsy came back as them being benign and being consistent with that of a recurrent nevus phenomenon. Now when I was thirteen I didn't think anything of this. All I cared about was the fact that they weren't malignant, but when I went for my military physical they denied me because the nevus phenomenon was recurring. So what my question is what exactly is a recurring nevus phenomenon. There isn't a whole lot of information on the web.
Recurrent nevus is a melantic skin lesion which clinically resembles a superficial spreading melanoma at the site of a recent shave removal of a nevus. What happens is that melanocytes left behind in the wound regrow in an abnormal pattern. This is accompanied by scarring, inflammation, and blood vessel changes and this both the clinical and histologic impression of a melanoma.

I suggest you to get a biopsy skin done to confirm the diagnosis. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.