Recurring blisters on hands and feet

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Recurring blisters on hands and feet

I have been under tremendous stress lately due to the trouble that comes with trying to find effective treatment and care for an autistic child with behavioral problems which seem to be getting more severe. Two days ago I woke up in the morning with a few itching spots on my ankle and hands and attributed it to mosquito bites since I had been in the yard working the day before. These spots turned red and shortly turned into large ***** blisters that became so fluid filled that it became impossible for me to do anything there are several on each hand. I popped them gently to releive the fluid, however each one would fill right back up in spite of the pin-*****. I eventually cut the tops off of each blister to prevent them from filling back up. The fluid is almost clear with a tint of pink, and does not seem to make more blisters appear. This also happened to me about three or four months ago, which, at the time I attributed to mixing some MiracleGro and thought it was a contact chemical reaction. However, I did not come in contact with the chemical prior to this round showing up and the blisters appeared in all of the exact same spots (both hands, one elbow, ankle, soles of my feet, between my toes). They are very itchy and they burn and hurt. I went to my physician yesterday who did not know what they were. I looked it up on WebMD, and came up with something that I thought may be it (dishidrotic eczema) however, I am unsure. My doctor prescribed me a steroid topical ointment to apply. The blisters on my hands are so unsightly and embarrassing, but the ointment says not to cover them. I work in an office where everyone seems paranoid that they are going to catch something, so I don't want to leave them uncovered while at work, even though they do not seem to be contagious.

Any suggestions on what this is or what I can do would be tremendously appreciated!!
Pompholyx indeed seems to get precipitated by tension.You may need internal antibiotic.

There are various possibilities for your symptoms.They include contact dermatitis[a skin reaction resulting from exposure to allergens (allergic contact dermatitis) or irritants (irritant contact dermatitis)],dyshidrotic dermatitis(a form of eczema), hands,ffot and mouth disease or treponema infection or spirochetal infection.

I feel that an evaluation by a dermatologist will help in making a diagnosis as without
examination,diagnosis is tough.The fluid from blisters can help in confirming the diagnosis.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or in case you have additional queries. Kind regards.
i have the same problem, I tried to use all the creams that my dermatogist prescribed, nothing helped, please help as this is so irritating snd itchy.