Recurring small sore on nose

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Recurring small sore on nose

I am 36 and am female. When I was young I got sunburned alot. I have very fair skin. For the last few years, I have this spot that comes up on my nose. It is not like a pimple. But it comes up in same spot. If I slighty scratch it, it bleeds. It stays for a week or so then goes with no sign of it being there. There is no pain. I was wondering if this could be something I should get checked very soon. Any helps would be appreciated. Thanks!
Avatar_dr_f_tn

How would you describe this spot? Is it a reddish bump? Is it dark or skin colored? Is it like a mole?

Is it painful or itchy?

Does it have a center which drains with pus?

As this has been around for years already, this may not need some urgent intervention. However, it is best to have this assessed by a dermatologist as this may be some kind of allergic reaction to an unknown trigger. Are there other similar spots in other parts of the body? Any discolorations over the face or back?
Thanks for your response.It is not painful or itchy. I don't even know it is there except by seeing and I can feel it with my finger. It stays solid until I scratch it with nail, then it bleeds(quite a bit). Itdoes not resemble a pimple,black or white head but is raised. It is about the same color as my natural skin....maybe a slight red color. It is not like a mole. I am a moley person though. And this is the only one I have. It almost seems like the size of my pore but raises out of it.
I hope this answers your questions. Thanks again.

I currently have exactly the same symptoms as you've described above, and I'm going to see a dermatologist for this condition in a couple of weeks. I've been pre-screened by my health center, and my doctor there believes it's a vascular condition related to Rosacea. Did you ever discover what was the cause of your skin condition? Please share - it would be helpful to know. Thanks.