Recurring sore on soft palate
For the past ten years or so, I have been getting itchy sores on my soft palate. Its on the soft, movable tissue. I am prone to canker sores thru family history, but I also get a cold sore on my lip about once every 3 years or so. My body does a pretty good job suppressing the cold sore on my lip.

The palate sore is usually one or two in number and the size of a pencil eraser. The middle is white with red outline.

Anyway, the palate sores don't especially hurt, but given their location, I tend to itch/scratch them and irritate them more. I had one this summer that lasted from the beginning of July to late August! And now here it is October and I have another one. Part of my issue is I also have allergies and breathe out of my mouth a lot, making it even more itchy and  scratchy in there.

Is this a canker sore? Is it a recurring cold sore in my mouth?  They are SO ANNOYING, and I want to know if I can do anything. Its just frustrating how LONG they last ... I am an otherwise healthy person as I have dealt with this for a decade (sometimes I'll go a long time without it, and sometimes I'll just keep getting them).

I cannot confirm anything without examination but these can be due to aphthous ulcers, herpangina, mucocele or canker sores. I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist. Take some vitamin B and C supplements till that time.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.