Dermatology Community
Recurring sore on soft palate
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Recurring sore on soft palate

For the past ten years or so, I have been getting itchy sores on my soft palate. Its on the soft, movable tissue. I am prone to canker sores thru family history, but I also get a cold sore on my lip about once every 3 years or so. My body does a pretty good job suppressing the cold sore on my lip.

The palate sore is usually one or two in number and the size of a pencil eraser. The middle is white with red outline.

Anyway, the palate sores don't especially hurt, but given their location, I tend to itch/scratch them and irritate them more. I had one this summer that lasted from the beginning of July to late August! And now here it is October and I have another one. Part of my issue is I also have allergies and breathe out of my mouth a lot, making it even more itchy and  scratchy in there.

Is this a canker sore? Is it a recurring cold sore in my mouth?  They are SO ANNOYING, and I want to know if I can do anything. Its just frustrating how LONG they last ... I am an otherwise healthy person as I have dealt with this for a decade (sometimes I'll go a long time without it, and sometimes I'll just keep getting them).