Red, Cracked, Swollen, Watery eyelid

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red, Cracked, Swollen, Watery eyelid

I really need help.
The corner of my right eyelid has been bad for about probably a year now; It's so irrating and i've tried everything.. cortisone creams, eye drops, tea bags for swelling.. petrolleum jelly, natural tears.. to name a few i guess...
I just have no idea what can help it, nothing makes the reddness go away, if I could even just get rid of the red, it might look a little better.

Any suggestions?
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Only the corner is involved? Would you be able to note if there are  scales present?

This may be a case of blepharitis. Blepharitis refers to swelling and redness of the eye lids. This condition may be due to a fungal infection or seborrheic dermatitis. You may need topical medications for this.Both these conditions are chronic and they may be recurrent.

Are there any scaling or itchiness in other parts of the body?

For eye involvement, your dermatologist may refer you to an ophthlamologist.Your eye doctor under a slit lamp will be able to identify the cause of the irritation.

Were you able to have this assessed by your doctor?
Mario badescu control cream...after months of anguish I read this on a thread and it worked like a charm on my dry cracked eyelid within two days. I was so grateful to get that info that I have to help others with the same problem. Order online for $18