Red, Dry Skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red, Dry Skin

Hello! I am a 15 year old girl and recently I have been having extreme skin problems. It started in September when I got a big cystic zit and a HUGE chemical burn from a face wash and my skin got very itchy, red, and was so dry that the skin had ripples from the dryness that you could visibly see in a mirror. If I remember correctly, it lasted a week. It wasn't a break out but it was VERY VERY dry and red. So, a week ago, I developed a cystic zit. I dried it out with toothpaste and now it is huge. And then, I got a chemical burn. Two days ago, the chemical burn fully showed up and my face dried up completely. It is more severe and I have a dermatology appointment on Monday. I cannot wait till Monday so I have washed my dry skin with Almond Oil and applied Callendula Cream almost ever 10 minutes. As of right now, I have two sunburn-like marks directly under my eyes that are very red and extremely chapped/dry. They are rougher than the other skin on my face and are very dry. It's very uncomfortable and hot. Please tell me what I should so?! What is this problem called and when will it stop?
It can be due to allergic reaction. The mainstay of management is liberal use of moisturizers after washing with luke warm water. Soap should be used minimally. Moisturizers should be reapplied liberally during the day.You can also use a topical cortisone (steroid) cream or ointment like dermacort(hydrocortisone). Adding a humidifier to the central heating system of your home or using a humidifier also helps.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.