Red, Non-Itchy Rash on Chest

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red, Non-Itchy Rash on Chest

I have had a red rash on my chest for almost a year now, it does not itch. Last year September I was worried because I thought i may have contracted the HIV virus and I was really stressed and nervous. Around that time the rash appeared, I never had fever or any other symptoms.. When I went for the HIV test, the result came out negative.

Up to this day I still have this rash on my chest and I want to know what could be the cause of this, its really irritating me now because it would not go away.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello there,
A number of conditions can cause rashes on the chest. The appearance of rash and other characteristics help in determining the cause of this rash.Allergies, reactions due to food insensitivities and intolerance can cause rash on the chest. Any allergy, inflammation or infection can cause rashes.Psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, acne are other conditions which may cause rash on the chest. A clinical examination will help in determining the cause. Seek the opinion of a dermatologist .I hope it helps.
Take care and best luck!