Red, blood filled bump on lip

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red, blood filled bump on lip

2495307?1202747506
One morning I woke up and had a reddish pink bump on my bottom lip. It's painless and has a smooth surface. I "popped" it and it bled profusely until the skin healed, now it's a smooth red bump again. I'm 38 weeks pregnant and asked my OB/GYN if it was pregnancy related and he said no, and he also said it would probably go away on its own and we'd never know what it was. I'm not so sure about it going away though. It's surface is very raised, it looks kind of like a reddish pink bubble on my lip. Any idea on what this is?
I have the same thing on my bottom lip but it's down further than yours. I pinched mine and it bleed till the skin closed and stayed. It has only went away one time in the 3 years I've had it and it was only gone for about 2 weeks.   I wish I knew what it was or why I have it. Do you know any other information about this?