Red, dry, wrinkled skin on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red, dry, wrinkled skin on penis

I noticed several days ago that my penis had a red area on the tip of it that was pretty defined.  I didnt think much of it at first because it wasnt that much different in color than the surrounding area.  However, yesterday it started getting dry and that specific area of my penis was a little wrinkled rather than smooth like the rest of the head.  Its now even less red (very little difference in color now compared to the rest of my penis, though still a defined area), a little dry, and a little wrinkled.  It is mildly irritating rubbing against my clothes and to the touch, but isn't that bothersome.  I also noticed a ring around some of my skin with the same dry, wrinkled symptoms.  I am uncircumcised, and realized that this skin is the skin that when my foreskin is not pulled back, is at the end of my penis and leaves only the dry area of the head of my penis uncovered.  I first (when looking on the internet) thought it may be very mild balanitis or psoriasis (which I have no history of), but now wonder if its just irritated skin.  I thought maybe the foreskin thats red and the uncovered portion of the head of my penis thats dry were possibly just moist at some point and got irritated from rubbing against my clothes alot.  The only thing about that is how early on there was just a defined red area with no other symptoms that then developed dry and wrinkled that makes me think its something specific ratther than just irritated.  I just wanted to get someone elses thoughts on that or see if someone else thinks its something different.  Thanks.

Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be contact dermatitis,rash due to friction rub with clothes, dermatitis (atopic, contact, allergic), heat rash ,excessive sweating causing sweat dermatitis or balanitis(due to an underlying infection (bacterial and fungal as well as other organisms) .

You may try calamine lotion on the rash. You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid deodorant / cosmetics. You can also use a barrier cream with zinc oxide paste or petroleum jelly or a thick moisturizing cream applied directly to wet skin after bathing.

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

Hope it helps .Take care and pls do keep us posted in case you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

i  got problem w my penis ,,  ever time  when i  take   bath or  comdon   or whatever is   when i  saw my penis   start dry up my penise then it start  hurt my penis i think my  be sop  cause my  point  bec   dot on my skin  so when  dot  go away  later on it  come back   again  it still  bother me  i dont know if  that soap or clother  or  what  cause my penis skin problem .....