Red, flacky, thinning skin on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red, flacky, thinning skin on penis

What is going on?  I've seen a whole lot of these kinds of posts on the net.  I've been married for 20 years and all of a sudden one day I get this issue too!?  I'm not sure what changed.  I'm not sure if anything changed in my life.  Could this be a high Trig. or Chol. issue?  A persistent cold symptom?  It's the weirdest thing.  My doctor also told me not to worry about it, that it wasn't an STD.  He thought it was a yeast infection too, but neither my wife nor have I ever had one before. I don't think the hydro-cortisone has helped anyone from teh posts I have seen, so what do we do?  

This discussion is related to A Common Cold Linked to Penis Irritation?.
Try Lotrimin cream.  
It can be due to dermatitis skin. You need to get it examined from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis. Treatment is diagnosis specific.
You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid deodorant / cosmetics. You can also use calamine lotion or cream with zinc oxide paste applied directly to wet skin after bathing.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.