Dermatology Community
Red, itchy bumps all over my legs?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red, itchy bumps all over my legs?

ok well today i had a little spot about half way down my left leg. when i was getting ready for bed, i notice my entire left leg (and spotting on my right) was covered in red bumps. some of them have heads, almost like pimples or zits. Also, this might have something to do with it, but whenever i get cuts, scrapes, and scratch my mosquito bits till they open, the scars never fade. and it takes them forever to heal. i dont have dry skin at all, and my legs almost look lik rash spots. i'm kinda scared. Could i have parasites or something?
Related Discussions
Hello,
From the suddenness of appearance of these red itchy bumps, any allergic reaction or insect bites need to be ruled out. Take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or claritin. You can also apply calamine lotion on the rash. It will help in soothing the skin. A mild corticosteroid cream like dermacort will also help but it should be used only under medical supervision. Please consult a good cosmetologist/dermatologist for that.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...