Dermatology Community
Red, oozing skin on scrotum
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red, oozing skin on scrotum

My son, age 22 has been an incomplete quadraplegic for 8 years now so needless to say, he is in his wheelchair for 8-12 hours a day.  The problem which just occurred over the last couple of days is this...his scrotum is bright red, warm to the touch and is oozing liquid, some clear, some a greenish yellow...I'm at my wits end!  With people who have spinal cord injuries, depending on the level of injury, they have no sensation when something hurts in the paralyzed region and tonight after getting in the shower, he experienced for a brief time what's known as an "autonomic dysreflexive headache" when the shower water hit his scrotum.  He gently washed the area, then dried it.  After checking the whole area, he noticed that the thigh area next to the fold of skin in the groin area has a bunch of little red bumps.  He keeps saying it's from sweating down there and the area not getting enough air and just being moist but this is the first time his entire scrotum has become bright red and this oozing has me concerned.  He's used neosporin and gold bond medicated powder...doesn't touch this, whatever it is....  Can his regular GP diagnose this or does he need a dermatologist...his derm is usually so busy that you can't see her for 3-6 mos. CAN YOU HELP?????   Thanks, Cathy S.
Tags: red, oozing