Red, painful bump on leg..
I have a small, red, pimple-sized bump on my leg, about 6 inches above my knee. It has been there a few days and it has not changed in size at all. It is not warm to the touch, but it is red around it. At first, it looked like there was a white head on it, but now it does not. There is no drainage or pus coming from it. It is very painful. I have poured peroxide on it and put a bandaid with neosporin on it with no change. This is the only bump like this on my body, and I've never had one before. Any idea what this could be and what I should do for it? I am otherwise a very healthy young adult.
From your symptoms it can be a boil or an abscess. Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean. Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription. Till then keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.