Dermatology Community
Red, painful rash between thigh and groin
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red, painful rash between thigh and groin

Hello. I have a red, painful rash in the crease between my thigh and groin.  It's only on the one side.  Also, it has a slicker area that's paler (almost white) with some darker spots, and it occasionally gives off a bad odor.  It originally started out at itchy spots on both legs, in the same area, but use of Hydrocortisone for the itching, and baby powder to keep it dry seemed to have cleared up one side.  But the other side got worse.  Is this just caused by moisture? Or is there something else that it could be? Is there anything OTC I should take or apply?
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
From the symptoms the possibility of fungal infection needs to be ruled out because it often presents as an itchy foul smelling rash. Keep the area dry and keep a separate towel for yourself.

Most cases of fungal infection responds to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole. You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank