Red Allergy Pimples and Scabbing of Face and Hands

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

So my boyfriend is Italian and yesteday he told me a story about his past/present skin condition.  They have no clue what it is or how to treat it in Italy but I hope he can find help here.  He described to me that since he was a baby he has little red dots on his hands when his mom took him to the doctor the doctor said that he was too little to test and his skin was just not ready for the real world.  When he was two the dots spread and this time they said he was lactose intolerant.  This didn't really help when he was about ten he got a huge attack and was covered completely by the red dots which later scabbed completely! His hands and face were scabbed he described it as having a mask.  Another symptom was an extremely dry scalp (not dandruff).  When he would wake up his pillow was covered in flakes.  After many tests the dermatologists decided that it would cool down when he reached puberty which it did.  However, he still has little red dots here and there and he lives with the fear that they will come back really bad. As for the scalp he finally found a special shampoo with antibiotics that helps.  Does anyone know what this is?
From the symptoms the possibility of eczema needs to be ruled out. Eczema is a skin disorder which is experienced as inflammation of the outermost layer of the skin. The causes are- allergy to soaps, detergents, dust, smoke, medications, sweat and some food. He can consult a dermatologist and get a skin biopsy of the effected skin done to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.