Red Blisters? on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red Blisters? on penis

I returned to the USA from China three months ago where I was living with my fiancee.  We had intercourse regularly for the many months that I lived there and now that we are seperated for awhile I've resumed masterbating (masturbating).  I've not had sex with anyone but her for many years.  Two months ago I developed a Quarter sized red bump on the foreskin of my penis and a much smaller one just below the penis head on the back. I chalked this up to overdoing things and stopped for awhile, it took about 2 weeks to heal and scabbed over during the healing process.  After healing I resumed masterbation (masturbation) and immediately developed another red bump on the side of my penis just below the head.  I use a different kind of lotion for lubrication now than I did when I was a teenager, so I wonder if that might be the culprit, however I am concerned that it could be something serious.  The long healing times for a bump that doesn't even break the skin is disturbing, for one.  She has not developed any health issues other than periodontitis since I left.  I am a 28 year old male and I have only lived in the U.S.A. and China.  Thanks a lot for your time.
Such a blister which scabs over gives a doubt of herpes sores but since there is no recent intercourse, so chances of these are less, but not impossible. Other possibility can be friction blisters or bacterial skin infection. Actually, this viral infection is often asymptomatic and cycles between periods of active disease and a remission period. After initial infection, the virus moves to sensory nerves (sacral ganglia), where it becomes latent and reside life-long, though the viral shedding may still occur. This infection is usually transmitted by direct contact with a lesion or the body fluid of an infected individual and thus may spread through skin-to-skin contact or through sexual contact.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.