Red Blotches on Back and Chest that are spreading

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I started getting red blotches on my skin on my back. And now it is spreading to my chest and neck. It has been over a year now and they are still spreading. It doesn't hurt, itch, raise up or anything. They are just red, flaky blotches that spread! Thought it might be chronic urticaria? Is there any ideas of what this might be? And if there something I can do about this because it is still spreading. They seem to start off as smaller than a dime size circle but eventually get bigger, less circular and run together in bunches. Please, Please Help!
One of the possibilities that can present with such symptoms is pityriasis rosea. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash especially on the trunk, back and shoulders.
No treatment is usually required. In most patients, the condition lasts only a matter of weeks or months(upto six months). I suggest you to get an evaluation done from a dermatologist as treatment can be started only after a diagnosis is made. Also then the other possibility of hives has to be ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers