Dermatology Expert Forum
Red Blotchy Rash on Penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Red Blotchy Rash on Penis

I woke up this morning with red blothcy rashes on the top/middle part of my penis shaft (i am uncircumsized). At first, I thought nothing of them and considered it normal irriation. As I have been travelling in airports all day, I had little opportunity to attend to it (usually helpful). When I arrived at the hotel, however, I noticed the rash was more pronounced (i.e. raised with small bumps that make it appear 'velvet-like'). It itches when I walk for extended periods but after a cold shower, the itch seemed to dissipate. I have had very few accounts of unprotected sex (perhaps 3 times) and I am still in contact with those partners. I have very sensitive skin and often will develop small papule rashes on my arms (mostly right one...in fact I have a slight rash on my right forearm currently) and elbows (sometimes on the shaft of my penis as well, but not recently). I am completely at a lost to what this could be; it looks terrible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
My best guess is that this is irritation of come sort.  My advice is to apply 1% hydrocortisone twice a day for 5 days, minimize irritation, and show your rash to a doctor if it persists.  Also, on general grounds, I'd avoid unprotected sex.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
well about 5 weeks ago i had brief sexual intercourse with a girl i found later to have chylmidia. I was treated for gonnorea and chylmidia and tested neg for all stds(gonn, chyl, and syph, and hiv)and visual test for herpes. There was a slight tingling, pain and intching on area just below the head though. I went to doc and he told me it could be yeast. I took diflucan and nothing changed and ketaconazole cream but only itching on scrotum has gone down. I still have occasional mild pain, itching or irritation on area below head of penis. there are no visible sores but it looks like may be really small bumps when skin stretched. no discharge, and slight irritation has been there for about 3-4 weeks. no strong pain or ulcers or puss. I am not sure what it is and pretty nervous. could it be a skin allergy or is it herpes. the bumps are so small they are almost invisible and I have only been with two people. does anybody have idea or help?
a few months ago i had unprotected sex with a female that i have no knowledge of,so after sex i to scrubed my penis off with soap,but the next day something just didnt seem right it just felt kinda ithy but i told myself it was just paranoia.Then 3-4 days later i relized it was more than that i noticed where my penis itched it was redder than the rest,im freakin out i found myself worring about this every second of the day but to ufraid to get help because the fear of it being an std.My penis had about nine or ten verry small red dots finaly on about the 7th day they started clearing up and when they did the head of my penis was severly wrinkly and when i stretched it it was shiny like maby the infection dried out or somthing.I went to the doctor he gave some pills for the rash but he never told me what it exactly was the bumps and dry skin went away before i even took my first pill,so i never took them,3 weeks later it got realy hot out and it started itching again and happened again,since then its been about4 months and no more outbreaks but it looks if the head of my penis suffered a little red scar.Im still scared sometimes i feel like my penis itches when it doesnt hopefuly it was just a yeast infection or something.          thanks for reading everyone any advise???
A related discussion, Red itchy reoccuring rash on penis shaft was started.
A related discussion, skin irritiations on face was started.