Dermatology Expert Forum
Red Bump on Face
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red Bump on Face

On my right cheek I have a small red spot. This spot looks very much like a fading pimple but it never goes away. When I run my fingers over I can feel a slight bump that also is very similar to a pimple, except it does not go away. The last few weeks I have had some sun exposure to my face that caused some very minor sunburn that quickly developed into a tan. This exposure to the sun seems to have made this red spot grow and feel larger. At first i thought it simply appeared larger due to the darker tint to my face, but the bump is also more pronouced when I run my fingers over it.

I have two questions.

First what exactly could this spot be? Is it a pimple that simply does not go away, if not, what could cause this spot? Second, are there any skin disorders or features that show a rapid change when exposed to the sun?

Thank you for any help you can provide