Dermatology Expert Forum
Red Bump on arm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Red Bump on arm

I have a 3-4 mm lesion that has popped up on my upper arm.  It's has a firm texture and kind of pink in color.  It's not tender to touch and when I press on it with my finger the pink color goes away for a short time and it appears skin colored but then turns back to pink like there is blood underneath the area. I have been to my doctor and he doesn't seemed concerned but after reading about nodular melanoma on the internet I'm scared that this could be early nodular melanoma.  I've watched it for 9 days and it doesn't seem to be getting any bigger but at the same time it's not gotten much smaller.

Please let me know what you think!
Mlanomas don't pop up.  If you're sure it wasn't there before, it's probably a bite or clogged pore.  I suggest you leave it alone and show it to a doctor in 4 weeks if it's still there.  But it probably won't be, and even if it is, it probably won't be anything of consequence.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I forgot to tell you that I'm a 37 old male that tans fairly well.
Hey, I was just reading your post, and I have a similar bump that came up on my foot. I posted earlier to doctor Rockoff about it on here. You can read it if you can find in below. Anyway, I noticed my bump one day after taking my shoes off. There was a tiny red circle with a piece of skin slightly hanging from the top, and it was kinda sore. I scratched it, and the skin came off. Then there was a tiny clear bump there that hasn`t went away. The bump looks like it has blood under it as well. So now there seems to be a tiny clear bump there with red underneath the right of it. I`ve been watching it, but it hasn`t went away. I stuck a needle inside to try to pop it cause I thought maybe I`d gotten something in my foot or I had a blister there, but nothing came out. I`m a hypochondriac, so I`m gonna go see a dermatologist for piece of mind. I`ll try to keep you posted on my results. Please let me know if you hear anything else as well... Hope I didn`t gross you out, take care...