Red Bumps That Spreads and Itches
I am an african american with red bumps coming up. When they appear the appear as a small swellling an then in about a day it swells, itches and spread then a tiny bump comes up with water in the middle of the swelling. I try not to scratch and if i do not with my hands. I first saw three swelling on my arm( at my wrist), they became hard, red, itched and spread. Then one of my fingers were swollen on the oppostie hand and the same swelling,itch and then small bump. Came on my tummy,now its back on my hands. All of this does not happen at the same time as one swelling goes down (bumps gets bigger and harder) the other appears. Went to a clinic and the nurse said it might be mersa and recommended me to a doctor.
This doctor (infectous deseases) told me it was normal. This is not normal. Cause I am freakng out with these bumps that scratches, spread and leave extra dark marks. He gave me some Bactrim to take. Let me kno your feedback
It can be due to insect bites or arthropod bites or boils. On this sore, apply topical antibiotic cream like Neosporin and you may need oral antibiotics. Wear cotton clothes and use mild soaps like Dove. Take oral antihistaminic for the itching. Also if it persists then get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing

tHANKS mUCHO.
I was told by the doctor to use the triple antiboitic ointment. The swellings continued and my eyes were also swollen. He told me that i was allergic to the Bactrim and prescibed some Zyvox. Im currently taking it and maintaining a tyramine free diet and see the results. I have aslo made appt to see the dermatologist on Feb 16, 2011