Red Bumps on the Lower Legs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red Bumps on the Lower Legs

5255093?1263189111
I have red bumps all over my lower legs that are a dark red, almost like a purple kind of color. Some are small, about the size of tiny pimples while others are larger like a mosquito bite. Some of the larger ones appear to be kind of open in the center and looks like an actual mosquito bite. I'm not sure what it is, but it's spreading sort of like a rash would. It started out on my feet and worked it's way upward to around my knees. I looked it up online and I saw that it might be something called Petechiae, but I'm unsure. I recently had appendicits and was throwig up excessively which I read caused the Petechiae, but the bumps are on my legs, so I am unsure if that is really what it is. I have been putting a topical antibiotic cream on the worse of the bumps recently, but have not seen any effects. What do you think the condition is, and how can I treat it?
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be lichen planus, lichen aureus or purpuric spots that are purple spots occurring on the legs. Lichen planus is an inflammatory disease that affects the skin and the oral mucosa, and presents itself in the form of papules(flat spots) or rashes.Treatment is available only on prescription and consists mainly of steroids,retinoids,hydroquinone and phototherapy.

My sincere advice would be to get the diagnosis confirmed from a dermatologist by getting blood tests and biopsy skin done. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.