Red Dot on Finger

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red Dot on Finger

I am a 26 year old female with a tiny red dot on my finger.  It has been there for years and has never gone away.  It is under the skin and "looks" infected.  It is not soar nor does it hurt.  I have picked at it in the past and it always come back to its original state.  I have looked it up multiple times on the internet, but never seemed to get far.  Please help.

This could be Cherry angiomas. Cherry angiomas are benign , fairly common skin growths that vary in size. They can occur almost anywhere on the body but usually develop on the trunk.

They are most common after age 40. The cause is unknown. Although painless and harmless, cherry angiomas may bleed profusely if injured.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherry_angioma

Cherry angiomas generally do not need to be treated. If they are cosmetically displeasing or prone to bleeding, angiomas may be removed by surgery, freezing (cryotherapy ), burning (electrosurgery/cautery), or laser.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.