Dermatology Expert Forum
Red Dots on the Penis Head

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Red Dots on the Penis Head

About a week ago, I noticed many red dots on the penis head, I am not circumcised, so when I pulled down the skin, that's over the penis head, and I also saw couple of red dots on the skin there as well, a little below penis head.

In a couple of days, it looked like they were disappearing, as it looked like there were less or them and they were less red. However, today when I was looking at it, and when I sled my finger across the head of the penis, the skin started to come off the area when the red dots are.

And now these red dots are back and are as red as ever.  What can this be?  What are these dots?  Can this be STD?

I did had an unprotected oral sex but it was back in August.  Since then it was always protected sex.  However in the last couple of weeks I've start using new condoms though.

It sounds like folliculitis, or blocked pores.  It does not sound like an STD.  I suggest leaving it alone, not rubbing or examining it.  It should go away in time.  If not, have a doctor check it out.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
I have a redness on my penis always had it. its been there since i can remember, however it is surrounding my peehole probaly about 3 mil. i am not sure if i have something, is this and std?
Me and this girl i did not know started to have sex and stoped because my penis went soft and i was wearing a condom,so she gave me a hand job and it took me forever to *** because i had to much to drink.The next day i saw two blister type things on the side of my penis where the head and shaft are connected.I thought it could of been from friction so left it alone they did not itch,hurt or leak any fluid.They went away after a week and a half.A month later i got a rash on my upper arm.Went to the doctor because it did not go away after using over the counter creams.The doctor told me i had shingles.About a week later i notice that the head of my penis is red with little bumps.I have no pain or itching and no fluid comeing out of my penis.Some times you cant even see the bumps but i can see the redness.This is not normal and its driving me crazy.Do you think it is some type of std.
A related discussion, red dots on my penis head was started.
I am only 13 but i have red dots on the skin of the head i am also not circumcised and the dots are not inside but i am still worried about it. Its not from sex i think masturbation i dont know.