Red Groin Rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red Groin Rash

A week ago i noticed some itching in my groin.  now it is red and has little bumps on it. the skin is peeling away from the center. and some dead skin (peeled) around the edges. i'm afraid to go to the doctor (i'm 15) and i have no idea what this is!!!
Sounds like jock itch. My ex had it once and I remember it looking a lot like you describe. Try getting some antifungal spray or cream and try that.
Go to pharmacy and get some lotrimin cream. Apply twice a day for a week. Dry off with clean towel and wash towel. Be careful not to dry feet before your crotch. Keep area dry. Sometimes this can last for awhile if you aren't careful.
Nothing to worry about. You probably dried off your feet first after walking on the shower floor.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Tinea cruris or jock itch is caused by a fungal infection in the groin region. This usually presents with itching or a burning sensation in the groin area, thigh skin folds, or anus.
Affected areas may appear red or brown, with flaking, rippling, peeling, or cracking skin. Fungus from other parts of the body can contribute to jock itch. This is also due to a warm, damp environment- especially with tight, sweaty or rubbing clothing such as a jockstrap allows the fungus to grow and multiply.  Tinea cruris is best treated with topical antifungal creams such as those containing tolnaftate, clotrimazole or miconazole. Keep your groin clean and dry. You can use talcum powder to help keep the area dry. If the symptoms persist, it is best to see your doctor for further evaluation.

Take care and keep us posted.