Red Itchy Bumps with White Centre

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red Itchy Bumps with White Centre

A couple of days ago I noticed a couple of red, itchy spots on my arms.  I figured they were just mosquito bites.  These spots now have a small, tiny pus-filled centre (it looks almost like a whitehead in the centre).  I've also started getting more of these lumps all over - they are not concentrated, but I have a couple of each leg (upper and lower leg), some on my buttocks, some under my armpit, a couple on my lower abdomen, and even two on one of my breasts.  

These spots are very itchy and they vary in size, although none is bigger than about a quarter.  They start out as red bumps, looking like mosquito bites, then they develop a small, white centre, with a larger red spot still around it.

I will be going to see my doctor tomorrow, but in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out what this might be.  I haven't started using any new products that could be causing an allergic reaction, although I suppose you can develop allergies at any time.  Thank you.
From the symptoms it can be folliculitis, sweat dermatitis, heat rash or contact dermatitis.

Avoid using any lotions and creams for the meantime. Use a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Also use cotton clothes and change the clothes twice if there is any increased sweating. Try keeping the skin free of sweat as far as possible. If the symptoms still persist then you can apply Neosporin cream .For the itching antihistaminics like Benadryl or Claritin can be taken.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

It has been three days now.  Please let me know if you have a solution...

Thank you Dr Kaur,

I was finally able to get in to see my own doctor and he diagnosed an allergic reaction.  We haven't yet been able to figure out what it is that I'm allergic to, but prescription-strength anti-histimines and a topical steroid cream have helped immensely.

I've changed my laundry detergent and fabric softener in the hopes that it is one of them that is causing the reaction.  If not, my doctor will send me to an allergist to try to find out what I'm allergic to.

Thanks again!