Dermatology Community
Red Itchy Bumps
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red Itchy Bumps

My son is 2 yrs old. For the last 2 weeks he has been suffering with these little red bumps that look almost blister like. He has seen numersous doctors to no avail. These bumps started on his head and came in clusters. They then spread to his neck, chest, back, arms, legs and now his feet. In that order. When they spread to a new location no new bumps showed up where they already had been. As if they were trailing down his body from scalp to feet. He complains or them hurting, not sleeping and has had no appetite. I have moved him into my bed for fear that he was contagious and may spread them to his younger brother. But after 2 weeks I have no bumps and neither does anyone else in the family. Please help!! He's been on antibiotics for a week now. As well as an antibiotic cream. They put him on a med called aldera because the dr said it's molescum (molluscum) contagiosum. But I have been researching pictures and information and what i see does NOT look like what he has.