Red Itchy Rash, papercuts on Groin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red Itchy Rash, papercuts on Groin

Hello Doc -

Encounter and questions below...

I had protected oral sex w a female where my penis was completely covered.  But she sucked and licked my scrotum for a good amt of time, maybe 5min in total or so.  Obviously, that part of the genitals was not covered.  I finished and that was that.  Didnt shower but rather, fell asleep right away.  When I woke up, had to be somewhere so couldnt shower at that point either.  So I basically had her saliva and what not within my area for almost a day.

That same day, about 18hrs later, I started feeling uncomfortable in my groin area while I was walking.  Then the same irritation was present while I was sitting.  I started scratching the itch a bit and it immediately felt like the pleasure of scratching a mosquito bite but the frustration of the same itch that comes back as well.  This was all on the scrotum.  When I got back home, I made a b-line to the shower but examined my sack first.  It was really red but not all over the scrotum.  Mostly on the left side but def on the right as well.  I showered, applied baby powder to relieve the pain a bit and then fell asleep.  The next day, felt the same thing all day.  But this time, it was even more red.  I looked closely and there are def small paper cut looking things on my sack.  Not just one, but a few of them.  When you touch that area and pull apart the skin, I can see the cut open a bit and close shut back when you let go.  Its very red inside but it doesnt seem like I can get inside.  Meaning, its level w the rest of the skin.  And my bag is very loose.  Its not tight but very turtle necky and a lot of sagging skin.  Like its wet but feels very dry!  Dont know how to explain it.  But the itch is always present when I move around or parts of the affected areas hit the clothing or surface of the couch, etc.  

I havent applied any OTC creams to it or nothing but just have been showering at least twice a day and dressing the scrotum area w baby powder.  I have to make an appt w my gen practioner for examination.  Ive never seen or had this before.  Im just wondering if this can be symptoms of herpes in your opinion or something else you may think it can be?  And I didnt have anything but her mouth on me.  Didnt have body to body intercourse.  This is 2.5 days in from the recent encounter I told you about and nothing has subsided but gotten worse and/or the same.  No other symptoms are present at this time.  

My history w HSV, both types, have been negative till now.  Def HSV-2, but assuming HSV-1 as well.  If you do believe this could be the first outbreak of herpes, please let me that you think this could be the case as I have a female friend coming over.  And if its not, what other possibilities this could be from what I described.

Thanks a bunch and I appreciate what you guys do for everyone.
Now my sack is flaking and its very leathery, droopy. Looks like there is a border line between the two balls down the middle.  Both of them being very red still and itchy.  

Any ideas on what this is?
These symptoms can be due to tinea cruris. Keep your groin area dry and keep a separate towel for yourself. Most forms respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine, and clotrimazole. Also don’t apply any medicated powder without informing your dermatologist as it may aggravate the condition.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Doc, how long will it or does it normally take for the creams or treatment to resolve the issue?  A week or more?  Its been 5days now of the same symptoms as i mentioned but started to put cream on it (ketoconazole).

Thx