Dermatology Community
Red Itchy Sports
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red Itchy Sports

I am itching everywhere! I have noticed tiny red marks on my body that itch like crazy... and in the long run turn into scabs from my itching. I do not see any sign of bed bugs (thankfully). My dogs don't have fleas, however, I am fostering a puppy who had tape worm (treated and no longer has it). Could I have gotten it from her or could this be something else? Maybe washing detergent? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
Hi,
How are you? Aside from itching or pruritus, what other symptoms are present?  Aside from insect bite and irritation ( from detergent and soap), this could be due to a variety of issues such as allergic reaction, infection, skin conditions and  also from underlying medical conditions such as diabetes, anemia, liver or kidney problems.  Over-the-counter antihistamine medications may help provide relief. If it persists, you may need to have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Direct clinical examination of the skin lesions and additional tests may need to be done. Take care and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank