Red Itchy Spots
I have had a red blotch on the inside of my arm for almost four months now. I went to the doctor last month and she gave me Hydrocortisone Valerate Ointment. This hasn't been working on the spot. It actually looks like it is getting worse and it started to itch. The real problem is that I woke up this morning with a bunch of very small very itchy red dots on my chest and stomach. I am not sure if they are related because my doctor said that it shouldn't itch or spread. I am not sure how much faith I have in her. Please Help!
It can be due to allergies, viral infections or pityriasis rosea. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and itching. Topical and oral steroids are needed. Water, sweat, and soap may cause irritation and should be avoided in the disease. Topical zinc oxide and calamine lotion are useful for pruritus.

Initially, a primary plaque, called a herald patch, is seen. Then it is followed by a distinctive, generalized rash 1-2 weeks later. The rash lasts approximately 2-6 weeks and is found in a Christmas tree pattern over the trunk and abdomen.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.