Dermatology Community
Red Mark on Nose?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red Mark on Nose?

I am wondering if I can do anything about this red mark on my nose that will not go away.  It has been there for about 4-5 months.  My doctor says that I cannot get rid of this mark, it will go away on its own or it will stay for good, she has suggested that I could get it surgically removed/lazer treatments?....But I am just wondering if I have any other options as she says that if I go with her suggestion it will leave a scar on my nose, so either way I will have a spot there anyway??? Please help me!!!

Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139

Hello,
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be fibrous papule of the nose, trichoepithioloma or actinic keratosis. Since it has been present for a long time without any change, so these possibilities need to be evaluated for which I suggest you to consult a dermatologist. Treatment is diagnosis specific.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Thank you very much...So this fibrous papule/trichoepithioloma or actinic keratosis they have no cures except surgery/lazer treatments?
Blank
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
The various treatment options of actinic keratosis are cryosurgery, electrocautery, laser treatment, topical treatment with imiquimod and different types of surgery.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Thank you very much for you response. It is greatly appreciated.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...