Red Mark on Nose?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red Mark on Nose?

I am wondering if I can do anything about this red mark on my nose that will not go away.  It has been there for about 4-5 months.  My doctor says that I cannot get rid of this mark, it will go away on its own or it will stay for good, she has suggested that I could get it surgically removed/lazer treatments?....But I am just wondering if I have any other options as she says that if I go with her suggestion it will leave a scar on my nose, so either way I will have a spot there anyway??? Please help me!!!

I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be fibrous papule of the nose, trichoepithioloma or actinic keratosis. Since it has been present for a long time without any change, so these possibilities need to be evaluated for which I suggest you to consult a dermatologist. Treatment is diagnosis specific.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you very much...So this fibrous papule/trichoepithioloma or actinic keratosis they have no cures except surgery/lazer treatments?
The various treatment options of actinic keratosis are cryosurgery, electrocautery, laser treatment, topical treatment with imiquimod and different types of surgery.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you very much for you response. It is greatly appreciated.