Red Marks Across upper body/chest

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red Marks Across upper body/chest

Do I have an infection of some sort? These dark red spots have popped up around 6-8 months ago and still with me to this day. Not Itchy or anything. Some days they are more visible then other days.. Its mostly up the chest area and down the torso... i am a 23 F slim. wondering if anyone has had these or seen these before. I've included a pic in my profile in album 1. Thanks
One possibility for such a rash is of pityriasis rosea. Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and itching. Topical and oral steroids are needed. Water, sweat, and soap may cause irritation and should be avoided in the disease. Topical zinc oxide and calamine lotion are useful for pruritus.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hi, thanks for replying to my post. I did get it checked out and found out that it was Ringworm (tinea corporis). I was prescribed some fungus cream and it was gone within 1-2 weeks :)