Red Non - Itchy Bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red Non - Itchy Bumps

I have been getting red bumps on my body in different places the past few months.  The bumps tend to have white heads, however, once they pop, i still have a red elevated bump where the acne was.  I went to a dermatologist back in May, and I had like two on my head, she removed one and biopsied it and it was not cancerous.  But I was curious to why I was getting them? Could this be stress?

Alittle history though about this past year.  In may, I was feeing fine.  Then , in june, i got sick.  My girlfriend at the time had a throat virus back in march, i was unaware of that.  So during the second week of june, I could very tired, fatigued, fever, sore throat, lost a lot of weight due to not eating cause of throat.  My mouth and throat had white patches all over it.  Had a strep test and mono test done twice.  I was given medication to treat sore throat, it all got better.  Went to the hospital, had X-rays done of my upper chest and everything was normal. During this time, my lymph nodes were beginning to swell in my neck.  The strep test all came back negative and so did one mono test, however the result of the other mono test was lost so I could have possibly had it.  In july, i was still in recovery mode taking it easy, and building my strength back up.  I gained twenty pounds from eating a lot since i lost fifteen when i was sick.  August came along, feeling a lot better and I was able to hang out with friends once again.  But now its September, and through this entire period I've gotten these big red pimple bumps on my body, which come and go, and looking for your opinion if it is stress related?  Also, my lymph nodes are still swollen in my neck.  My physician said back in mid july that it can take some time for them to go down.  My one tonsil is still slightly swollen.  The white patches and stuff in tongue is gone.  The random muscle aches have stopped.   But i need your opinions.  Should i go back to the doctor? Or am I stressing myself out to much over this?  

I will admit I am paranoid about life threading diseases.  there have been countless of times when id be home at night and search different types of cancer symptoms, or staph infections, or other diseases into google and see if those are my symptoms.  Its hard for me to not be paranoid being that I have lost three family members to cancer, two from breast cancer and one from colon cancer.  

I thought maybe it could be cancer with losing all the weight, but then i calmed down and though about it and realized that I didn't eat anything, drink anything, or swallow my own mucous for five days which caused me to lose fifteen pounds.  I feel a lot better, and gained weight back, and have been very active.  But i will not like, I'm still paranoid.  Is this all in my head which is causing me to have these red pimples?

Please give me your feedback.

These red bumps can be due to folliculitis, boils or acne. It is best to get these bumps cultured for any bacterial infection and a biopsy skin done.
I suggest you to get it examined from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

what about my lymph nodes? could the pimples be symptoms of cancer all over my body?
Lymphadenopathy (swollen lymph nodes) is usually caused by a viral or bacterial infection. Other causes include allergic reactions, arthritis, cancer, metabolic diseases, and an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism). Folliculitis is the inflammation of one or more hair follicles and is caused by bacterial infection with staph bacteria.