Red Pigmentation around lips

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red Pigmentation around lips

I have red pigmentation around my lips which looks very irritating when i shave. It kind looks like I have dry skin around that area. I used to use neutrogena acne soap excessively all over my face which i think is the reason why that part of my skin is kinda burned. is there any kind of cream i can use so that my skin can go back to normal; to the normal skin color that the rest of my face has. all your advice is very much appreciated. Thank you
test

Firstly,It can be due to vit B deficiency.Take some vitamin B complex for some days and see if your symptoms improve.
Secondly,it can be due to atopic dermatitis or eczema("Atopic" refers to a group of diseases where there is often an inherited tendency to develop other allergic conditions, such as asthma and hay fever). Cheilitis(Inflammation of the skin on and around the lips)is often seen in atopic dermatitis.Diagnosed by bld test like RAST.Treatment is by topical steroids or oral therapy of corticosteroids in severe cases.Topical creams like tacrolimus ointment (Protopic) and pimecrolimus cream (Elidel) are also useful.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you so much !! I will research all of the above and keep you posted
I see I'm coming to this discussion quite late -- and the MD may have touched on just about ALL the fixes -- but if this fella still needs some input, or if others do, I'd like to add...If you chew gum, or suck on hard candy, or ingest sugar in some form regularly, quit -- for at least a week -- and see if that doesn't help.  Milk will also sometimes do this to sensitized skin.  Away, look to the things you do habitually (cup your chin in your hand?) for a possible source of irritation, and set about to eliminate the problem.