Dermatology Expert Forum
Red Pimples above penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Red Pimples above penis

I've had a small area about 3in x 3in with about 50 red pimples midway between my penis and my belly button for about 2 wks now. It doesn't itch or bother me, it's just unnerving. I scratched a few open and there is no visible puss, just a few drops of blood. Most look like the first stage of an acne but are red on top. They seems to go away slightly when I shower, but come back by the next day.

This concerns me because when I masturbate this is the spot that the semen usually comes in contact with.

I also had two small scabs that were on the top side of my penis at the bottom. They've been there for a while and came from masturbating. They did have a little bit of puss come out but that was when the scabs came off from rubbing against my clothes. Now they are just a red area where the skin is trying to heal, but I've seen no improvement in the last two weeks.

I just came back from overseas and have only been with my wife in the last 10months sexually. But I know that STD's can be dormant.

I have had no flu like symptoms or anything else. I've felt perfectly healthy. Of course like what seems common on these forum is that I'm quite nervous about this situation. I'm going to the doctor next week, but was hoping for a medical opinion before that. Thank you in advance.
I don;t think this is an STD.  More than likely it's blocked follicles, possibly aggravated by contact with semen but bot necessarily.  My advice while you're waiting to see the doctor is to leave the area along, avoid friction in that area, and apply nothing more than a bland moisturizer.  It may even be gone by the time you see a doctor.

Your question (I just came back from overseas and have only been with my wife in the last 10months sexually. But I know that STD's can be dormant.") implies that you did have extramarital contacts before 10 months ago.  If so, you ought to ask the doctor about STD testing.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
I would also like to state that I recently started shaving my genitalia. This I'm told could be the root of all of it as it started at the same time.
Absolutely--shaving can certainly produce what you describe.

Dr. Rockoff
Actually, I only met my wife 10 months ago, so there has been no extra-marital contact.
I see, but your concern that an STD could be dormant suggests that you're worried about earlier contacts.

Dr. Rockoff
hey doc.

im a 16, turnin 17 yr old male. the last time ive been in contact with a girl was in september, we had protected sex and everything. but awhile back i noticed i have these small bumps in my pubic area above my penis. they dont seem to go away. Im scared that they can b some sort of STD's. they look like pimples sort of, but they dont have any heads. its just a bump. they dont itch or hurt, and when i try to sqeeze/pop them, i can really feel them. i do trim my pubes so maybe its from that. i have gone to doctor yet, and i really dont want to. but i was just wondering if i could hear your advice on this 1st. im just really scared right now about it.

thanx alot fot your help.
correction... I HAVENT gone to doctors yet. sorry for the mistake.
if any1 could reply with answers i would apreciate.
hey I have this lump/bump on the shift of my penis and is kinda of shiny and hard but have no pain really when I touch it and yesterday when I got out the tub it seem like it had a scab on it whic came off easy when I rub it so I wonder can u tell me it is
I've had something very similar happen within the last couple of days.   I am a male, age 25.  Many (close to 20) acne-like bumps have shown up seemingly within a day on my pelvis above the groin, mostly in the pubic hair.  I'm especially concerned because this was right after having sex with somebody I was not too familiar with.  We used a condom, and there are no bumps on the genitals themselves.  

I have had musculum lesions appear around that area over the past couple of years, and I have been going to the doctor to have them frozen off.  Usually I'll go in and get everything frozen off, but a few more would show up and I would keep going back to tak ecare of whatever showed up.  But with the musculum, it's usually just a few at a time that show up.  What happened this week was MANY (like I said, around 20) that showed up, all within the same area (spread out above the groin on the pelvis, mostly in the pubic hair,) and like I said, I'm concerned because this is right after having sex with someone new a day before.  The bumps look similar to the msuculum lesions, but their sudden appearance and quanity are making me worry.

I am definately going into the clinic next week to get this checked out.  In the meantime, any advice I can get from here would be very much appreciated.  Thanks!

I am a mid 20s male who has been sexually active.  I ahve been tested multiple times and always was negative.  I am not sexually active right now.  I developed pimples right near my hairs which being the idiot that I was, I popped them.  The occur every couple months after I shave the area.  I believe they are not STIs since all my tests are negative, but I don't know what they are.  Could you please help?

thx
A related discussion, Red pimples was started.