Red Rash Spreading

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red Rash Spreading

my husband has a rash that started with little red bumps,  and are very ichy it started under his arm below his arm pit it but it is not under his arm pit. It traveled to his waist  to groin to upper back now on butt and going down to his khalves. First Dr. gave prednisone tablets and cream Mystatin &Triamcinolone Acetonide .It keeps  traveling. went to Dermatologist she said she don't know what it is but she doesnt think it is internal. She gave him clobetasol Propionate cream usp, 5%. Said if it's not better in 4 weeks come back. It is spreading like a wild fire.
Help

This discussion is related to Very itchy, red rash spreading from abdomen to arms, legs, neck and face....

It could be eczema, sweat dermatitis, allergic reactions or some bacterial/fungal skin infection.

He needs to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. He could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. He should maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Moisturizing is one of the most important self-care treatments for sufferers of eczema. Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eczema

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for the symptoms and a proper clinical examination.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how he  is doing.

Regards.
OMG I have the same problem! About 3 months ago, I discovered a bump on my shoulder that looked like a mosquito bite. After about a month, it began to grow and look like a ringworm. By the third month, little red bumps started spreading all over my stomach, back, legs, and arms....they eventually grown and turn into rashes. They itch like crazy, especially when I'm exposed to heat. I've been having troubles sleeping because when I try to lay still, I start itching....I don't have med insurance to see a doctor and don't know what to do )=
I started with a small area that itched, just above my pubic line.  This grew, in a weeks time, to cover a perfect outline of my underwear.  I switched fabric softeners (as this was the only new thing added in the last 1 1/2 months) but the rash has not gone away.  I have rewashed and even bought underwear several times.  Rash is still there and the skin looks burned and is shiny where the bumps have gone away.  Now, it has spread to my upper torso, breast and chest area.  It itches like crazy and Benadryl is not working well for this.  I have tried a hydrocortisone cream, benadryl cream and spray as well as some anti fungal creams.  I have even tried the old trick of corn starch on the area.  I am getting quite concerned about this but am in between docs at the moment.  This has been an issue for 3 weeks now.  It is itching so badly that I am scratching the skin open.  It hurts to touch this area, but does not hurt when clothing touches it.  
I am at a loss.