Red Rash around mole
Hi all,

An area around a mole near my waistline has become red and itchy over the last week or so. The mole never caused trouble before, to be honest I didn't even realise it was in the middle of the rash until a couple of days ago. I've attached a photo, sorry if it's not great. Any advice? I've also posted in skin cancer community.

Thanks.
Since the red rash is around mole, so it can be due to contact dermatitis, allergic reaction or heat rash. Take some Benadryl after consulting your doctor, use mild soaps like Dove and apply some calamine lotion on the rash. Also wear cotton clothes.

If however you notice changes in the mole's color, height, size or shape, you should have a dermatologist evaluate it. You also should have it checked if it bleeds, oozes, itches, appear scaly, or become tender or painful.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.