Dermatology Community
Red Rash in Pubic /Groin area
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Red Rash in Pubic /Groin area

I noticed today that I have a rash in the pubic area above my penis, tiny red bumps that are obvious.  They appeared within the last 24 hours, it does not itch at all and no pain.  If I couldnt see them I would not now about it.  I have never had something like this?  In the last seven days I have had sex one time unprotected with someone I did not know very well.  I have also had a couple of massages where the masseur used lotion/oil that could have interacted somehow but no other signs of rash anywhere else but in groin.  All advice appreciated please.
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be contact dermatitis,folliculitis,sweat dermatitis or friction rub with clothes.

Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then pls consult a dermatologist.

I hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...