Red Rash on Penis and Scrotum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Red Rash on Penis and Scrotum

Hi. I started out with a red rash on the shaft of my penis a couple days ago. I applied hydro cortisone cream to it and it go better shortly. When I stopped for a few days, it came back and looks like it spread to my scrotum. I am not sexually active, and know it is not an STD. Does anyone know what this is or have any solution?
It can be due to contagious diseases like a fungal infection. I suggest you to get a KOH examination of the skin scrapings done to confirm the diagnosis. If fungal infection is confirmed you may need topical and oral antifungals.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.