Dermatology Expert Forum
Red Rash/small pimples on lower abdomen

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Red Rash/small pimples on lower abdomen
I am a 23y/o male. I have a red rash or sorts on my lowere abdomen. It seems to be rather a series of  small red pimples that start 2in below my naval and extend to the base of the shaft. They are more prevalent in the actual pubic hair region, and a few of them(5 or so) have small white heads on them.the sizs of the heads are about the size of a pencil lead/pen tip in width. one of the heads is actually almost black, not whitish of the other 4.  My fear is that this is herpes. I had sex 3 days before this occurred which was unprotected. I also had sex the night before I noticed this but this was with  protection. I am not sure if it's friction.  I did recall feeling discomfort when my partner was on top because she was grinding  herself into me, quite roughly. The region is a bit sensitive.. not painful but a little uncomfortable.  I do not have any of these pimples on my penis (or  anywhere else) except  in the pubic hair region and for a few little red marks (without heads) on the base of my shaft  (no more  than 3/4in) up.
Any ideas?   Thanks.
I don't think you have herpes.  You may have molluscum warts, or perhaps folliculitis.  Molluscum is a virus that occurs often on the groins of adults, and in most cases isn't caught from anyone--it just happens.

Anyway, your doctor will have to have a look to diagnose and treat.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
In addition to the above, I just noticed that in each of the pimples, a hair is sprouting,directly from center of the  puss-filled ones as well. Is this Folliculitis?
Also, the area seems more inflamed, though i am thinking this is because of the rubbing of my  clothing against my pubic hair. Hope I've proved enough information. Thank you.
If there's a hair, then it's most likely folliculitis.  Wash with antibacterial soap and leave alone for a while before having someone check it out--say 2-3 weeks.

Dr. Rockoff
A related discussion, rash on lower stomach was started.